We Review the Best Vacuum for Tile Floors in 2017 and Help You Determine the Right Match for Your Needs
Dirt and dust on the tile are more visible than on other types of surfaces. It is for this reason that the tile needs regular cleaning.
There are many ways to make tiled floors clean. Experts recommend using water with soap, but before you do, you must clean the floor of the dust that has accumulated. To do this, you will need a special vacuum cleaner.
How to choose the right vacuum cleaner for tile floors?
How to choose the right vacuum cleaner for tile floors?
To date, there are many different vacuum cleaners on the market for cleaning tiles. All you need to do is find the perfect option for your home. Let’s carefully consider some important aspects that will help you make the right decision.
Some important aspects that will help you make the right decision
If there are ceramic tiles in your house, it is most likely a tile that is more resistant to contamination. The coating of this type of tile is very smooth. Due to this, it is easy to clean and wash. The disadvantage is that it is more susceptible to scratches.
Vacuuming the tile is not enough to really clean it. In this case, steam cleaning is a must, because this type of floor covering is resistant to high temperatures and it is easy enough to disinfect.
The ideal vacuum cleaner for tiles should have a good filtration system, as the tiled floor accumulates more electrostatic dust. It is best to choose a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter. With the HEPA filter, you can almost entirely remove dust that flies throughout during the cleaning process. Particularly helpful for those with allergies.
Grout is probably the most difficult area of the tile, which ‘s hard to clean because it easily absorbs dirt. Even the most powerful cleaning products can not cope. A mixture of baking soda and vinegar is a powerful remedy that can remove even the most persistent stains
Types of vacuum cleaners for tile
The best vacuum cleaner for tiled floors is a canister or a vertical model. You should be very careful in choosing a vacuum cleaner, as some of them can scratch the tile.
It is preferable to select wireless models. Speaking of wireless vacuum cleaners, you should think about buying only those who have good batteries. The higher the voltage, the greater the suction power ( more about hoover suction power look here) . Choose vacuum cleaners with batteries that provide a charge of 18 V or more, so that the vacuum cleaner can last 30 minutes or more. Another thing you should consider when buying a wireless vacuum cleaner is the recharging time. It should be charged no more than eight hours.
We’ve tested a range of models that claim to excel and here is a review of some top rated best vacuums for tile in various categories
Best Vacuum For Tile 2017
|Model||Eureka 3670G||Dyson V6 Absolute||ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum SH20030||BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2T|
|Cordless/Cord Length||Cord 20 feet||Remote||Cord 20′ length||Cord 20′ length|
|Motorized brush||2 side brush||on/off swith|
|Filtration||Standard||Cyclonic , Washable filter||HEPA||Washable standart filter||1 Stage|
|Accessories||Bare-floor brush, blower port, crevice tool, dusting brush||Crevice tool, mini motorized tool and mini soft dusting brush||Charging base,300ml water tank,300ml dirt bin,2 microfiber mops,A/C adapter,2 extra filters,1 brush cleaning tool,2 extra side brushes|
|Power/charge time||N/A||210 minutes||110 – 130 min||2 amps||6 amps|
|Weight||8.6 pounds||5.07 pounds||N/A||7.3 pounds||7.5 lbs|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years||1 year||2 years||1 year limited|
If you are looking for a versatile and light vacuum cleaner that will make your floors look bright and clear – the Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite is perfect for you. This model designed for quick cleaning of a house, as well as a car.
In the kit of this model, there are several baits: a dust brush, a device for cleaning in the slots and a brush for furniture, thanks to which cleaning will become fun!
- The weight of the vacuum is only 10 pounds
- A long enough Cord – 20 feet
- Automatic shutdown to prevent overheating
- Perfectly cleans the bare floor, hardwood floors, as well as tiles
- Portable and light, which makes it possible to quickly clean not only the nooks of your home but also the car interior
- Powerful motor – 12 amperes
- The filter may become clogged, and therefore you will have to change it more often
- Service guarantee is only one year
- It will be necessary to replace the dust bag regularly
- Not capable enough when cleaning carpets or rugs due to the lack of a motorized brush
Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum is a compact, lightweight, portable vacuum cleaner that perfectly cleans all the corners of your home. The versatility of this device is one of the main advantages compared to other models. A 20-foot cord makes it possible to clean rooms of extremely large sizes without interrupting the cleaning process.
This vacuum cleaner has a powerful suction power – 12 amps, which absorbs debris.
Also, this vacuum cleaner is universal, as it is one of the few that perfectly cleans flat surfaces, stairs, ceilings and even skirting boards from dust and cobwebs.
Perfect for people of the older generation and children, thanks to their light weight.
Dyson V6 can change your opinion about wireless vacuum cleaners.
If you are looking for an easy and simple way to use vacuum cleaners, Dyson V6 Absolute is ideal for you.
The weight of the vacuum cleaner is 2.3 kg, which allows you to transfer the device from one room to another easily.
It is intended for cleaning of any surfaces: bare floors, carpets, furniture, parquet, etc.
- Strong suction power (100W)
- Light enough weight (only 2.3 kg)
- A universal machine, with which you can clean the floors, ceilings, as well as the nooks and crannies of your home.
- The set includes four nozzles that can clean bare floors, carpeting, curtains, furniture, etc.
- Do not blow dust out
- Slightly overpriced
- Sometimes a filter may fall out
- A small dust bag that needs to be frequently cleaned
- The maximum run time is only 20 minutes
Dyson V6 Absolute is a vacuum cleaner that will become an excellent assistant for you.
If you are looking for a compact, powerful vacuum cleaner that will cleanse any kind of dirt, large debris on various surfaces, including multi-level carpets, then this model is just for you.
In the kit, there are four nozzles, each of which is designed to clean an individual surface.
The maximum run time is 20 minutes (6 minutes at full speed).
Overall, the Dyson V6 Absolute is an excellent product. It’s lightweight and fairly easy to use.
The presence of a HEPA filter makes it indispensable for those who have allergies. The process of vacuuming with it turns into entertainment.
Many people have an idea of what a robotic cleaners is, but at the same time, they know practically nothing about them.
Ilife V5s is an intelligent robotic vacuum cleaner for dry and wet cleaning with a built-in rechargeable battery.
This model has technical indicators that can compete with products from leading manufacturers of robotic vacuums .
The battery power is 120-180 W, which is much higher than in a similar model V5 (90-120 W)
Little round case
Presence of two side brushes
- There is a wiping function
- The robot can be programmed for daily cleaning, even when you are not at home
- Good equipment
- Noise level is 59 dB
- Operating time of the vacuum cleaner 110 – 130 min
- Low efficiency with installed folded filter
- When cleaning, can move the base
ILife V5s is a new generation robot vacuum cleaner. Ideally suitable for cleaning ceramic tiles, hard wood floors, carpets, etc.
The noise level is 59 dB. The presence of IR-sensors allows you to protect it from falling from a height and impacts on furniture and other obstacles.
In the kit, there is a remote with a touch screen and indicators on the vacuum cleaner itself, which will help you easily manage and monitor the status of battery power. The charge lasts for 2 hours.
ILife V5s is a versatile model that correctly copes with cleaning any surface. The cleaning process will become easy for you.
Despite the lightness and compact appearance of the Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum (Model SH20030) gets strong ratings from consumers. Why? Let’s see.
- Powered Brushroll with Cyclonic Technology – the easy transition from hard flooring to area rugs and low pile
- Non-Marring Wheels – are simple on floors.
- Swivel Steering System – lets you maneuver around furniture effortlessly.
- Border Cleaning Bristles – removes dirt up against borders.
- Wide Cleanser Mouth – cleans up dry spills quickly
- Low Profile Base
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup – lets you see when it’s time to empty it out, and
- Compact design allows you to store anywhere
- Very maneuverable. The folding design of the handle makes it possible to reach the most miserable places.
- Works well on carpets and tiles
- Weight less than 5 pounds facilitates cleaning
- Two-Year Warranty
- Only one brush included
- You need to get used to the brush switch button
- There is no automatic winding of the cord, and the cord itself is short
- Poorly collects animal hair
- Small canister for dirt
Brush with bristles and a hole for large debris, excellent maneuverability, tilting handle for cleaning under low furniture will help to clean quickly and efficiently.
Lightweight and compact design plus a very convenient canister cleaning system will make the cleaning process not so tedious.
Unfortunately, the lack of additional baits will not allow using it for curtains, sofas or dust on the ceiling.
However, this is an excellent choice for cleaning hardwood, laminate or carpet
Pet hair can become a problem on hard floors, not to mention carpeting. It is these problems that BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2T solves.
A unique V-shaped head shape is designed to guide pet hair and dirt into the central suction zone. The ends of the V-shaped brush grab the remaining smaller debris, leaving no chance for mud.
This design showed itself to be especially effective on the hardwood, tile, and laminate.
- Swivel head providing high maneuverability and easy cleaning around furniture
- 20-foot cord
- Two-stage filtration
- Low profile, which allows cleaning even under low furniture
- Cyclonic technology without dust bag
- Great power
- light weight
- A well-designed dust collector that is easy to clean
- Small wheels periodically need to be cleaned of debris
- Year of Warranty
- No additional brushes
- The main drawback of the model is the noise during the operation of the vacuum cleaner. This is due to the high power of the motor. Given the Bissell power level, this small issue can easily be ignored.
- Also, the model has a two-stage filtration system. The pre-filter requires periodic replacement (its cost is about $12 at bissell.com)
If you need a lightweight vacuum cleaner for fast daily cleaning of hardwood floors or a low-pile carpet, check out BISSELL PowerEdge.
For an affordable cost, it copes well with dirt, collects pet hair, pieces of dry food, and cat litter. It relies on Bissell’s reputation for solid construction and quality.
The V-shaped brush collects dirt of any size and is ideal for cleaning corners and uncomfortable places around the furniture legs. Discomfort from noise when working with it will be more than offset by suction power and quality of cleaning.
Tiles are a special type of floor covering that needs extra care. Therefore, when cleaning tile floor coverings, the first thing to do is vacuum the surface to remove dust, pet hair and other dirt. Here, vacuum cleaners play a vital role.
To get the maximum result and make your floor clean and shiny, we recommend using a powerful vacuum cleaner that will remove unnecessary dust, dirt, and debris from the surface. Thus, you can relax knowing that your tiled floors are perfectly clean and dust will not accumulate. The price is very important when choosing a vacuum cleaner more (else the inexpensive models under 200 $ look here ).
Models designed specifically for tiles are cheaper than other models of vacuum cleaners. Any additional function or attachment can increase the cost of the device. Therefore, consider whether you need this extra function or not.