Best upright vacuum cleaners 2018
Have you decided to buy an upright vacuum cleaner? Congratulations, you have made a worthy choice! It is the upright vacuum cleaners that are considered to be excellent assistants while maintaining order in the house. They are stylish, compact, light and incredibly comfortable to handle. Just one handle with a bag and brush on end and no extra tools. And some models are even deprived of wires. Beauty!
Vertical vacuum cleaners have many undeniable advantages:
• high work efficiency
• Some models support battery operation; ease of use.
- Best Upright Vacuums 2018:
- Final Thoughts
But what kind of vacuum cleaner is better to buy?
Most often measured in watts or aerovats. Of course, the higher it is, the better the quality of cleaning. That’s just not all manufacturers indicate its value. Especially if it is a wireless model, which by definition can not boast of a significant suction power. If this indicator is unknown, just check the work of the device in the store.
In principle, if you have a large vacuum cleaner for weekly cleaning, this indicator for you does not matter. Vertical models can be completed with large bags of 4 liters or more or with modest containers of 0.3-0.5 liters, which is quite enough for quick cleaning.
Well, if the upright vacuum cleaner is not too heavy and cumbersome: so it will be easier for you to manage it. In some models, the center of gravity is not located near the bottom of the brush, but at the top near the handle. This device is perfect for collecting webs or cleaning vertical surfaces, as it is easier to lift it up.
HEPA filters have proved to be the best ones, although some manufacturers offer no less effective cleaning systems.
It is believed that vertical models are noisier than conventional balloon vacuum cleaners. But, some manufacturers have already solved this problem, making the work of their devices almost silent. If this indicator in dB is not specified, you can turn on the device right in the store to make sure that the noise from it will not irritate you.
To make it easier for you to buy an upright vacuum cleaner, we compile a small comparative table. So, the most popular models in online stores:
Best Upright Vacuums 2018
|Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Dynamite Plus Corded Bagless Upright Vacuum with Tools M084650 RED|
|Hoover Platinum Collection Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum with Canister Vacuum Cleaner UH3001COM|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)|
|Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum, White (SV1106)|
Do I need a wire?
The following functions and accessories will be useful:
-The turbo brush will collect wool and garbage from the carpet. -Crevice and corner will help to cope with the dust in the corners. -Combined perfectly clean the floor or carpet.
-The turbo brush will collect wool and garbage from the carpet.
-Crevice and corner will help to cope with the dust in the corners.
-Combined perfectly clean the floor or carpet.
- models with dust bag become less powerful when filling the bag;
- models with a cyclone container are traditionally noisier;
- It is better to buy a powerful vacuum cleaner and use it in a minimal mode than to load the weaker motor.
Best Upright Vacuums 2018
|Model||Dirt Devil Vacuum Dynamite M084650 RED||Hoover Platinum Collection Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum with Canister Vacuum UH3001COM||BISSELL 1330 Vacuum with OnePas||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum(NV752)||Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106)|
|Cordless /Cord Length||25 Foot Power Cord||35 Foot Power Cord||25 foot cord||30 feet||Charges in 4 hours|
|Filter||HEPA||HEPA||Washable||HEPA filter||HEPA filter|
|Motorized brush||2-Speed Brushroll|
|Weight (pounds)||10.75 Pounds||12.8 lbs||15 pounds||15.4 lbs||7.5 pounds|
|Attachments||Extension Wand, Dusting brush, Crevice Tool||Tool bracket,Telescoping extension wand,Dusting brush,Crevice tool,Carry strap for canister||brush, crevice , Turbo Brush tool||Hard Floor Hero, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice||N/A|
|Power||7.0 Amps||5.5 Amps||12 amps||1150 watts||N/A|
|Warranty||1-Year limited warranty||6-year limited warranty||2-years||2-years||2-years|
The Dirt Devil Dynamite M084650 is very reasonably priced and it receives mostly good grades from owners that are impressed with its strong suction, HEPA filtration, light weight and compact dimensions.
It may be found online for between $50 and$60 (at certain retail outlets) and is great for quick pick-ups and small area cleaning such as apartments. Due to the compact size however, it may not be the ideal choice for vacuuming large areas.
- Weighs less than 10 pounds
- Very good suction
- Motorized brush roll works great on fine debris like powder and dust
- Very affordable
- Adjustable handle reduces the space needed to store this
- HEPA filtratio
- Smallish dirt cup needs to be frequently emptied
- Very short hose has limited reach
- No motorized brush tool that can be attached on the hose limits its effectiveness on stairs
- No swivel
- Belts could be a weak point as some consumers complained that it needs to be replaced periodically
This is one of the best budget vacuums for overall suction and power. Despite its 7-amp motor, it can handle a variety of cleaning jobs and doesn’t need a lot of maintenance.
- The HEPA system is amazing and while the vacuum has excellent suction power and extracts all of the dust and hair embedded in the rugs
- Those who have most of their homes covered in carpeting will appreciate the auto carpet height adjustment
- The length of the cord-for people who reside in homes with big halls, this can be an advantage.
- Suction power is perhaps the most important advantage of any vacuum cleaner, Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister makes no exception.
- In terms of raw power, the combined 12 amp motor of the genuine vacuum and canister are second to none and the fact we have two motors of 5.5 and 7 amps, means lower energy consumption.
- This vacuum cleaner is extremely mobile and thanks to its low weight and the accession of the canister, even a woman who owns three cats can vacuum without imposing on her boyfriend. Maybe that\s only wishful thinking, but definitely worth a spot on the Experts lists.
- The tiny gadgets like the LED light and stair cleaning handle aren’t something that you\d include on a list of must have when purchasing a vacuum, but are definitely nice bonuses. Their utility will become obvious the first time you really clean the entire house.
- Last but not least, the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister comes equipped with a life belt, so you won\t have to replace lots of these over time.
- There is not any brush roll which can be a problem for those who has a huge portion of their house covered in hardwood.
- Fairly noisy
- Poor bare-floor cleaning performance
This is a great product to have if your home has mostly carpet flooring because this is where the WindTunnel system performs best. If you’re older and looking for a lightweight upright give this a look because it only weighs in at 11 pounds – pretty light for an upright, no it does not swivel like a Dyson. The upright has a 35 foot power cord so that means this would be useful even in large homes.
Unlike other vacuums that require you to go over the same floor area multiple times before they vacuum up all of the debris, the BISSELL® CleanView® Upright Vacuum is engineered with OnePass Technology that has powerful suction plus an innovative brush design to clean on the initial pass.
The Bissell CleanView 1330 is the newer version of the CleanView 9595 model ( detailed review of this model see here )
According to Bissell, other than the aesthetic differences, the two units differ only in the brush roll: The 1330 has a new brush roll design using an update of the OnePass Technology.
The unit lacks advanced technologies and some ergonomic features. For example, the brushroll can’t be shut off and the brush head is not a swivel type. Besides, it does not use HEPA filter which is one of the most important factors for users with allergies. Overall it is a good machine at low price.
The Bissell 1330 – Corded showed amazing performance on all kinds of floor and great with pet hair. Most of the customers were impressed by the strong suction and happy with the quality at that price. Some even wished they should have bought it sooner. It is undoubtedly awesome minus 1 small issue: the hose is too short.
- Great pickup of everything from cereal to pet hair to coffee grounds to sandy dirt on area rugs
- Swivel steering and self-propelled to easily go get around furniture and corners
- Lies flat to go under furniture as needed
- Very versatile with great suction powe
- Its filters need washing every now and then, unlike Dyson that does not have filters and therefore is less prone to slow suction.
This model is designed for those with Pets and pet hair to vacuum. The NV752 TruPet gives you a combination of a lightweight upright along with a detachable lightweight canister vacuum (with powered brushroll). Never loses suction Technology gives this vacuum consistent suction power.
Good vacuum cleaners must have high quality, be durable, and also very reliable. To find a vacuum cleaner that would satisfy all our needs is not an easy task. Nevertheless, there is a vacuum cleaner that is not only affordable but also has a number of functions that will be useful for you. And this is the Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106).
The Shark SV1106 wireless vacuum cleaner has a motorized brush that is ideal for cleaning long hair, as well as scraping pets from different types of surfaces. The device has 2-speed settings, which allow you to clean not only carpets but also bare floors.
- The vacuum cleaner is wireless and thanks to this you can transport it wherever you like.
- “Easy enough.” Weight makes 7.5 pounds
- There are no bags for collecting dust, so there is no need to buy them
- The dust bag is easily emptied and washed.
- Have 2-speed settings designed for floor cleaning, carpets from wool and long hair
- The recharging time is only 4 hours.
- Cleans both carpets and hard floors
- Rubber wheels do not leave scratches on the floor
- The battery can quickly be discharged if you use the maximum speed modes
- A bit noisy
Shark Bagless Navigator is one of the few vacuum devices that will satisfy all your needs. It is light and very powerful, in addition, it is also very flexible.
The vacuum cleaner weighs only 7.5 pounds. Has a brush with two speeds for high-quality cleaning of carpets and bare floors from dirt, garbage, pet hair and hair of different lengths.
The dust container is easily emptied and allows long cleaning without interruption. The cleaning process with this device will be for you like doing.
As you can see, there is something to choose from. And if earlier all upright vacuum cleaners were costly, then today you can find and buy budget models for almost every well-known manufacturer. The main thing is to understand in time what characteristics are essential for you, and without which you will be able to do without. We hope, our advice will help you make the right choice.