Finding the Best Vacuum For Laminate Floors
Many people make a blunder by choosing vacuum cleaner and not considering the type of surfaces that they have at home.
A vacuum cleaner that cleans your carpets well can not be as effective with laminate wood floors. In fact, some of them can damage and scratch this type of surface.
Choosing the right model for working on a laminate surface is not difficult if you know what characteristics you need to pay special attention to.
Some important factors when choosing vacuum for hardwood and laminate
Before buying any vacuum cleaner for clean laminate , it is important to consider some important factors that will help determine the best option for you. Some of them we’ll now consider:
When you are looking for a good vacuum for cleaning a laminate, look for a model with a suction switch, because it will make it easier for you to control the amount of airflow during cleaning.
This is another important thing to check before making a purchase. This switch is effective enough because it keeps the brush rotating on hard floors to prevent the scattering of dirt or dust.
Not all vacuum cleaners that are available on the market are ideal for cleaning the edges. Some of them can not pick up dirt around the edges. Think about buying a device with a slotted brush to clean the edges.
It is worth buying a vacuum cleaner with settings for bare surfaces that will provide manual height adjustment. Some models have automatic height adjustment, while others require switching on the switch.
- The price of a vacuum cleaner
- Strength of the machine
- Warranty Information
- Wired or wireless machine
- Model with bag or without bag
- Cord or cordless
Here’s the list for this year’s best vacuum for laminate. Feel free to click any winner below to read reviews, check for deals, and compare with other vacuums.
Best Vacuum Cleaner For Laminate Floors 2017
|1||Neato Botvac D3 Wi-Fi||Check Prices|
|2||IRobot Roomba 650||Check Prices|
|3||ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum||Check Prices|
|4||Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light HV322||Check Prices|
|5||BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2T||Check Prices|
Vacuum cleaner for laminate -Buying Tips
Below are some things you need to consider before you buy a good vacuum.
Laminate flooring is economical and requires less maintenance than other types of flooring. But taking into account all these advantages, one drawback here is still present – your pet’s fur and garbage, as a rule, get stuck on the laminate, and it becomes difficult to clean it. Pet hair also tends to stick to floors of this type, and it’s tough to get rid of even with the use of cleaning products.
We have prepared for you some tips that will help you decide on the right vacuum cleaner for laminate surfaces that will not damage or scratch your floor:
- The vacuum cleaner model should be designed specifically for clean laminate surfaces. If the kit contains attachments for other surfaces, then this is the ideal model for you
- The compactness and portability of the device are critical if you live in a house with several floors. Also, an important factor is a small weight, so that transportation from room to room, from floor to floor, does not cause you discomfort and tension in your hands.
- A model that does not require a dust bag. This will save you much more money in the long run since you do not have to buy additional bags.
- Reading customer feedback can help you make an effective comparison of purchases.
- Price is the primary factor for any purchase, but let it not be the only reason for making a purchasing decision. Also, most models are now more available.
Depending on your needs and desires, you can choose a quality models that will last you long enough.
Let’s take a look at the best vacuum for laminate 2017 according to the reviews and ratings.
Best Choice For Laminate in 2017
|Model||Neato Botvac D3 Wi-Fi||IRobot Roomba 650||ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum||Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light HV322||BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2T|
|Cordless/Cord length||WiFi Connectivity||Remote||Cord 20′ length|
|Filtration||Standard||AeroVac||HEPA||2 foam filters (both are washable)||1 Stage|
|Brush||Combo brush||standart||2 side brush||on/off switch Motorized brush|
|Attachments||Charging base||” Charging base,A/C adapter,1 virtual wall (needs 2 C batteries that are not included),1 extra aerovac filter,||Charging base,300ml water tank,300ml dirt bin,2 microfiber mops,A/C adapter,2 extra filters,1 brush cleaning tool,2 extra side brushes||Crevice tool,Dusting brush,Hard floor genie,TruePet mini motorized brush|
|Power /charge time||60 mins.||3 hour||110 – 130 min||500 watts||6 amps|
|weight /Area Cleaned 1 cycle||Up to 1800 sq. ft||60-90 minutes||N/A||less than 8 pounds||7.5 lbs|
|Warranty||1 year||1-year on robot,6-months on battery||1 year||5 years||1 year limited|
Neato Botvac D3 Connected – a smart robotic vacuum with a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to configure modes, time and work cycles through a mobile application.
It demonstrates high cleaning performance thanks to an advanced laser navigation system and integrated sensors that ensure safe movement around the room.
In addition to all the advantages and technical solutions used in the Botvac series, the innovative model of Neato Connected includes the function of connecting to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network, which allows you to monitor and manage the device from anywhere in the world via a mobile device.
- High cleaning efficiency
- Convenient extraction and cleaning of the dust container
- Alternative easy-to-clean petal brush
- Well-designed base station design
- Cleaning on time
- Ability to manage and control with the application on your mobile device
- Noise level -70 dB
- Battery life – 1 hour
- Warranty only one year
- Pet fur often gets stuck
- Lack of functions that are standard in more expensive Neato robots, such as a side brush and special cleaning modes.
- Works slower than other Neato models.
Robot cleaner Neato Botvac D3 Connected will free you from manual cleaning work in the house, and you will enjoy speed, autonomy, and quality.
With this device, the cleaning process will turn into entertainment for you.
Significant advantages of Botvac Connected are:
- a mode with reduced noise, which, does not significantly lead to a decrease in the quality of cleaning
- complete filters with protective mesh that are easy to clean
- the ability to monitor and manage using a mobile application from anywhere on the internet.
The application enhances the convenience of editing the cleaning schedule, allows you to control the robot remotely, which is especially valuable due to the lack of a remote control, and also allows you to change some settings, which makes the process of controlling the robot more fun and entertaining.
Robot vacuum cleaner iRobot Roomba 650 – a new inexpensive model of robots-vacuum cleaners of 600 series. This model is equipped with a cleaning timer, thanks to which the robot can be switched on and cleaned at a time when you are not at home. After the robot cleaner completes the cleaning, he independently drives into the charging base and becomes on charge.
- Lasts for 120 minutes without charging
- The timer feature and programming function of the device on a schedule
- The increased capacity of the garbage container
- Ability to automatically determine location of stairs, thresholds, and slopes, avoiding falls
- Device does not get entangled in wires and cords
- The actual fight against pet hair and other large garbage.
- Surface noise level of 60 dB
- Not suitable for carpet cleaning
- Absence of the indicator of overfilling dust collector
- The battery can easily be damaged
The advantage of this model Roomba 650 is the manual programming of daily cleaning for a week. The improved brush system and garbage container AeroVac with a fine filter will allow you to clean quickly and efficiently kill allergens and bacteria in the cleaning. When you press the “Clear” button, and the robot starts cleaning, the sensors automatically determine the type of surface and the amount of debris on the floor.
Wherever thorough cleaning is required, the robot passes over several times. After the work is finished or the battery is exhausted, the Roomba 650 independently finds the floor base and connects. The virtual wall function will limit the movement of the robot, excluding places that do not require cleaning or will not release the robot from the room during the operation. The vacuum cleaner can bypass obstacles, does not fall from the steps of the stairs, does not roll over, and also does not collide with furniture and walls.
Model iRobot Roomba 650 is a worthy acquisition for every family. The robot is able not only to carry out the high-quality and quick cleaning of the premises but also saves you from unnecessary troubles to care for the device. Also with the help of this robot , you can forever forget about the fight against hair and pet hair. All of these benefits you are offered at a very affordable price.
Many people have an idea of what a robotic vacuum cleaner is, but at the same time, they know practically nothing about them.
Ilife V5s is an intelligent robotic vacuum cleaner for dry and wet cleaning with a built-in rechargeable battery.
This model has technical parameters that can compete with products from leading manufacturers of robotic vacuums.
- Easy-to-use dust collector
- The battery power is 120-180 W, which is much higher than in a similar model V5 (90-120 W)
- Low round case
- Presence of two side brushes
- Wiping function
- The robot can be programmed for daily cleaning, even when you are not at home
- Good equipment
- Noise level is 59 dB
- Operating time of the vacuum cleaner 110 – 130 min
- Low efficiency with installed folded filter
- When cleaning, can move the base
- ILife V5s is a new generation robot vacuum cleaner. Ideally suitable for cleaning ceramic Low efficiency with installed folded filter
- When cleaning, can move the base tiles, wooden floors, carpets, etc.
- The noise level is 59 dB. The presence of IR-sensors allows you to protect it from falling from a height and impacts on furniture and other obstacles.
In the kit, there is a remote with a touch screen and indicators on the vacuum cleaner itself, which will help you easily manage and monitor the status of battery power. The charge lasts for 2 hours.
ILife V5s is a versatile model that correctly copes with cleaning any surface. This is an excellent choice if your house has not only laminate but also carpets.
If you are familiar with the vacuums of the Dyson DC series, this is a completed wired version of it, only manufactured by another company – Shark.
Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light HV322 is very compact and lightweight 2in1 model. It’s cleaning tube is quickly retracted, and it is converted from a vertical to a powerful manual vacuum.
Thanks to a whole heap of accessories, it is perfect for complete cleaning of small houses and apartments or as an additional for large cleaning areas.
Let’s see how this vacuum cleaner works.
- Lightweight – weighs just under 8 pounds
- High suction and the ability to deeply clean the carpet
- Special tool for cleaning pet hair
- Has bright LED lights
- Universal – able to clean from floor to ceiling
- Long power cord – 32 feet
- Has swivel steering
- Removable dust cup
- Five-year warranty
- Compared to other models, there is a small volume of mud reservoir
- The stand of the vacuum cleaner can not stand alone
- The power cable sometimes interferes with quick window cleaning
- Has a high whistling sound when working, which can be annoying
- No HEPA filtering
- Plastic pipe, if used carelessly, may crack
- Does not have such a turning mechanism as more expensive models
- It is inconvenient to change tools with one hand
Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light HV322 is a 2-in-1 wired vacuum cleaner. It’s perfect for people who are looking for a vacuum that weighs less than full-featured vertical models but has the same cleaning power.
LED lamps on the brush and the cleaner body is an excellent addition because it gives a better visibility when cleaning.
In general, this product is of great importance for people who can not afford to purchase the expensive Dyson DC59 but want the same functionality.
Links to the Amazon site open in new windows – do not hesitate to check for additional reviews and recommendations – Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra Light Rack (HV322) and Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Vertically Vacuum (HV323). Also, there are still a few very similar and attractive models of vacuum cleaners not presented in the article. It is Shark HV303 Rocket Ultralight Vertical Vacuum and Shark HV323 Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Vertically Vacuum
Pet hair can become a problem on hardwood floors, not to mention carpeting. It was to solve such problems and developed BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2T.
The special V-shaped form of the brush itself directs hair and dirt from pets directly to the central suction zone.The ends of the V-shaped brush grab the remaining smaller debris, leaving no chance for mud.
This design showed itself especially useful on the hardwood, tile, and laminate (full review models for tile floors look here).
- Swivel head providing high maneuverability, easy cleaning around furniture
- 20-foot cord
- Two-stage filtration
- Low profile, which allows cleaning even under low furniture
- Cyclonic technology without dust bag
- Great suction power
- A well-designed dust collector design that is easy to clean
- Small wheels periodically need to be cleaned of debris
- Year of Warranty
- No additional brushes
- The main drawback of the model is the noise during the operation of the vacuum cleaner. This is due to the high power of the motor. Given the Bissell suction power level, this small issue can easily be ignored.
- Also, the model has a two-stage filtration system. The pre-filter requires periodic replacement (its cost is about $12 at bissell.com)
If you need a lightweight vacuum cleaner for fast daily cleaning of hard floors or a low-pile carpet, check out BISSELL PowerEdge.
For an affordable cost, it copes well with dirt, collects pet hair, pieces of dry food and a filler of cat litter. It relies on Bissell’s reputation for solid construction and quality.
The V-shaped brush collects dirt of any size and is ideal for cleaning corners and uncomfortable places around the furniture legs. Discomfort from noise when working will be more than offset by suction power and quality of cleaning.
Cleaning laminate flooring may seem difficult if you do not have a vacuum cleaner specifically designed for this task.
It is not necessary to save up money for a vacuum for cleaning laminate. The fact is that such a device can fail at the most inopportune moment.
The cost of the model often serves as a guarantee of quality. But it also depends on technical characteristics, a set of functions and configurations, so choosing a more expensive model, the buyer gets a reliable, functional and convenient device that will cope with cleaning for a long time.
These devices will be especially useful for those who have pets so that your floor shines with cleanliness and there is not a trace of hair.