Why is the vacuum cleaner warmed?
For any person, cleaning the house is an integral part of his life. When cleaning any surfaces, it became more than natural for us to use special tools and assistants. These include the most standard vacuum cleaner, which has already become an indispensable attribute of any housewife since we can not simply imagine carpet and other surfaces cleaning without it. But, like any technique in our house, the vacuum cleaner is also not eternal. Over time, you may notice the first signals that the standard operation of the equipment is broken for some reason.
- The first step is troubleshooting
- When the motor of the vacuum cleaner is heated because of malfunctions in the engine itself.
- Some users may wonder why the vacuum cleaner gets warm
- The sequence of actions for overheating the vacuum cleaner
One of the factors that in everyday operation can tell about the violation is the increase in the temperature of the blown air and the unit itself. If you started to notice that the vacuum cleaner is heating up very much, you could not linger, it's not a cold that will pass by itself. Most often, the first signals of failure only warn us of a future breakdown and the need for capital expenditures to purchase a new unit. To avoid such troubles, you need elementary knowledge of technique and a little patience.
The first step is troubleshooting
If you feel that the vacuum cleaner has started to overheat or worse, it turns off, first of all, stop panicking and calm down. In such situations, one should soberly and weighed approach the solution of the problem. Immediately remember – if you doubt whether you can cope with the task, it is better to contact a qualified specialist or call for service. Otherwise, you can simply spoil the device, which costs a lot of money.
So, it always starts with an exact definition of the cause of the breakdown. Otherwise, it turns out that the repair was not what you need – and the reason was not eliminated, and time wasted. If the vacuum cleaner is heated, the reason is most often due to the following factors:
- Perhaps one of the filters in the vacuum cleaner is clogged if any
- An obstacle appeared inside the hose or inlet;
- Engine breakdown, malfunction;
- The container or garbage bag was filled to the maximum.
Many vacuum cleaners are equipped with a wide variety of filters. The purpose of these filters is identical – they clean the air of dust, debris and various weeds. Particularly common in our time filter such as HEPA. Each such filter consists of small holes, allowing to detain debris particles more than the holes themselves.
We will analyze each of these cases separately
Of course, that with the accumulation of a certain amount of debris in the filter cells, the air flow drawn in by the vacuum cleaner will pass with greater complexity because of obstacles that appear on the way. It is these barriers and causes the electric motor to overheat in the unit.
- First, the engine can not create standard traction, and secondly, it receives much less air, which must, among other things, cool it, creating a typical heat exchange with the environment.
- In this case, the vacuum cleaner sucks and warms badly, to eliminate this type of malfunction, it is necessary to clean the filters or replace them, for models of vacuum cleaners in which the filters are periodically replaced. It should also be noted that in some vacuum cleaners not one, but several filters. In addition to the inlet filter, they can be located in front of the engine, prevent dust and debris from entering the motor itself or at the outlet, to prevent backfilling of debris into the airspace of the room.
- Quite often this reason is manifested in cases when the Samsung vacuum cleaner is heated, the models of this manufacturer firm are equipped with a large number of filters that users forget to clean on time.
All of us at least once met with the situation when, during the cleaning of the premises, the nozzle of the flexible hose was clogged with various objects – a plastic bag, a curtain, and the like. Approximately the same situation occurs when an object is sucked, capable of creating a kind of plug inside the flexible hose or at the inlet.
Because of this plug, the air flow can no longer pass normally, so the engine has to work in an abnormal mode, which causes overheating, which is accompanied by a characteristic sound of units operation. This is very noticeable since, in the case of significant overlap, the difference in the performance of the unit is palpable. If this situation was not detected immediately, then after a specified time interval, if the heating of the air flow is detected, the flexible hose should be disconnected from the attachment point.
If an object or debris does not clog the inlet, the air will immediately start to be sucked in properly. To solve the problem, it is sometimes enough to blow the hose, in some situations simply, any long and resilient object will be required to remove the weed. It should be noted that the object can damage the hose, so the selection of a cleaner should be approached very, very scrupulously.
There are situations when the motor of the vacuum cleaner is heated because of malfunctions in the engine itself.
The reasons for this can be several – this is the wear and tear of individual components and engine parts, and inter turn closures, which subsequently lead to serious breakages. The engine itself is a very costly element, so the disassembly and repair should be approached very carefully. Do not break and try to pull something with effort, as a rule, in all models; there are attachment points that allow you to disassemble the device without causing it the slightest damage.
At once pay attention to brushes, graphite on them can quickly wear out, because of what the force of pressing weakens and the sliding contact has a much greater index of the transient resistance. As a result, the engine is heated due to additional load, especially during engine start-up. This problem is eliminated by just replacing the graphite brushes. This situation is most common if the LG vacuum cleaner is heated.
Some users may wonder why the vacuum cleaner gets warm during harvesting and the suction force decreases.
The reason can be a little filling of the garbage bag with wastes to such an extent that the vacuum cleaner can no longer draw in air normally, and the engine does not receive the required cooling. It is important to remember that not all garbage fills the bag. Equally, small and thick dust quickly creates a dense layer, creating a significant obstacle in the way of air flow.
Do not rely solely on the trip system when the dust bag is full. Of course, that it is quite easy to eliminate such a problem – throw garbage out of a bag or replace a bag with a new one. If after this procedure a reusable bag creates an obstacle, and without it, the vacuum cleaner sucks in the air normally, you need to wash the bag. Since the reason is to fill the pores of the tissue with fine dust. Diagnosis is carried out by removing the bag and turning on the vacuum cleaner. If the unit is operating normally, it means the cause in the garbage bag or dust collector of another type, if used in the vacuum cleaner.
The sequence of actions for overheating the vacuum cleaner
If you find that the vacuum cleaner during operation overheats, perform the following simple sequence of steps:
- Disconnect the flexible hose and turn on the vacuum cleaner if the sound has changed during operation and the heating is gone – the reason was a flexible hose or nozzle. If the vacuum cleaner continues to back, the reason is something else.
- Carefully inspect the inlet for obstructions in the path of the intake air, if the hole is not clogged, go to the dust collector if there is one.
- Remove the dust bag from the attachment point and turn on the vacuum cleaner if the airflow is normalized and the engine stops heating – the reason was in the dust collector.
- Otherwise, you should clean the filters that are in the vacuum cleaner. This is both the motor protection filter and the airflow cleaning filter at the outlet of the vacuum cleaner.
- If all manipulations fail to produce a positive result, we get to the engine itself and determine the presence of malfunctions.
The most difficult case is when the vacuum cleaner is heated and switched off. This indicates the operation of the thermal relay, which protects the unit from overheating. Consequently, the situation has reached a critical point and requires as soon as possible interference and troubleshooting.